Source of the fake video? PSPGen - Shame on them for posting what is clearly a fake video of a PSP-3000 being hacked without checking its validity first.
Update: The video on YouTube has been removed by the owner……..
- Les PSP 3000 The PSP 3000
- Les PSP Slim possédant une carte mère TA 88v3 The PSP Slim with a motherboard TA 88v3
Despertador21 , un membre de nos forums vient de nous faire part d'une vidéo très intéressante, la voici : Despertador21, a member of our forums just send us a very interesting video, here it is:
The video was filmed by Despertador21 directly.As we can see in it, Despertador21 first uses a kit Despertar Del Cementerio normal, showing that it does not work on the PSP Slim, which would be equipped with a motherboard TA 088v3.
Play your PSP through on your PC monitor
Play your PSP through on your PC monitor with this little jem. All you need is a USB cable and a PSP with 5.00M33 cfw. Included in the download is a pretty easy tut for installation. Only one drawback, no sound through the usb, have to connect your own speakers or use the PSP's.
Developer DJB has released a new version of his PSP pandora tool; PSP Pandora Deluxe. The new version brings the addition of Despertar Del Cementario v8 and 'the standalone 5.00 M33-4 Installer has been removed' also Hold+ has been updated to 3.42.
Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.
If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.
Changes in 5.00 M33-5:
- A setting has been added to recovery, that, when enabled it may increase memory stick reading speed. (only on the psp, not in the pc).
By default it is disabled. If you installed 3.71 fatmsmod, do not use this setting, as its perfomance with 3.71 driver has not been tested. Instead, reinstall 5.00 m33-4 using dc8 and update to 5.00 m33-5
The included file fat_comparison.html contains a comparison of perfomance between the 5.00 fat driver, the 3.71 one, and the 5.00 one with the speed up hack during the read of an iso.
The test was done on the game Valkyrie Profile in cso format in march33 mode. Other games, modes and applications different than iso reading showed similar results.
A quick fix for the big bug introduced in M33-2...
- A bug was introduced in 5.00 M33-2 that made some games and homebrew not to work.
- PSN version check is now automatically bypassed without need of touching any setting.
Exclusive: Sony PSP2 Rumors Bogus, No New Handheld Gaming Gadget Coming (SNE)
Reports that game publishers are already working on a "PSP2" are flat-out false, Sony (SNE) executives say.
Speaking to SAI earlier today, Sony Director of Hardware Marketing John Koller said he's familiar with Internet reports PSP2 game development is already underway, but said the rumors are completely unfounded. What's going on, Koller told us, is Sony is pushing developers away from its "Universal Media Discs" and towards digital distribution of games via the PSP store. Someone misinterpreted the new push as "PSP2" development, Koller said.
Sony still says "no plans for a PSP2 are underway."
Other highlights of Koller's talk:
- The Sony exec insists PS3 sales are doing great, with 2008 Jan to Nov sales up 98% over the same period in 2007. Yes, Sony did see a sharp decline in November sales this year, but a PS3 price cut from $500 to $400 going into November 2007 gave that month unusually high sales.
- Speaking of price cuts: No additional price reductions for the PS3 are in the works anytime soon. But Sony plans to offer some "relief" to cash-strapped consumers by maintaining its $150 off the PS3 with a new Sony credit card offer. Also in the works: Steep discounts on the PS3 in a bundled purchase with a Sony Bravia HDTV. "Those are deals we're working on for now as well as post-holiday," Koller said.
- Still the top PS3 talking point: Blu-ray. The PS3's Blu-ray capabilities were the no. 2 reason consumers chose the console, Koller said, and the company saw a sharp uptick in PS3 sales coincident with the Blu-ray release of "The Dark Knight."
- Sony is aware of reports of female avatars getting harrassed in PS3-based virtual world "Home." Koller said Home is still in "open beta" and figuring out how to do moderation. "There's still a few kinks to be worked out," he said. "This is something we look to solve immediately."
Not much in the way of PSP news. But here’s something for the old rumor mill thanks to Eurogamer.
Sony plans to refresh the PlayStation Portable product line with a PSP-4000 model in late 2009 and launch a true successor - a PSP2, if you like - later.
Publishing sources, speaking to Eurogamer, were unable to provide any further detail on next year’s update, which will presumably follow this year’s PSP-3000 in taking an iterative approach. The PSP-3000 launched this October and followed a 2000-series model, the first Slim & Lite, in September 2007.
Even fewer details were available on the PSP successor, but we’re told that developers are already working on games.
Sony has not ruled out either scenario, despite SCEE president David Reeves’ assertion in MCV last week that “there are currently no plans for a PSP2″. “I go to Tokyo quite a lot and no one has referred to it - I think they have their hands full at the moment,” he said, non-committally.
Sony UK told Eurogamer today that it would not comment on rumour and speculation.